2012年4月29日 星期日

Teachers I've Met (final version)


 Since being a student, I have met many teachers. Before going to the elementary school, I believe all teachers are kind, generous and patient. However, as time went by, my ideas have changed. In short, I divide those teachers I met into three categories.
    First,there are teachers who try to do their best, but they don’t know how to. In this category, teachers teach their students with passion. They take their job seriously and try to get along with their students. However, they don’t realize their ways of teaching or communicating do not work at all. Students complain their teaching and not really want to spend more time with them outside the class. My teacher who taught history in the 5th grade was in this category. During the class, she always asked us to read a textbook and take notes on the blackboard. Sometime between classes, she would come to us and listen to our conversations then make comments. That always made us awkward. My friends always complained that History is boring enough, but under her teaching, History made him sleepy every time.
    The second kind is the most awful one. Teachers teach by giving exams, and always bring their personal mood to the class. My teacher in junior high school is the most awful teacher I have met. He taught us Math for the whole three years. My poor Math ability is a result of his terrible teaching. During the class, he always gave us exams. And if he was not satisfied with our score, he would punish us. The worst of all, he was my homeroom teacher that means those time set for discussing the class affairs would become time for math tests. Every time when he showed up with a grim face, we all knew that we had to be extra-cautious on that day, because we knew it would be very easily to piss him off. Even though we were careful enough, he still could find some excuses to punish us. He was really the nightmare for all students.
    The third one is the best you can have: teachers who are patient, care about students and try to make teaching interesting to make the content easily to be understand. My Math teacher in senior high school, who was also my homeroom teacher, is the best teacher I have ever had. She made Math easily to be understood. She never treated us harsh. She would have a lunch with our class and chat with everyone. Even now I have graduated from senior high school; she still calls and catch up with us. When I have a problem, she is still the first person I want to talk to. She is the teacher who really touches my heart not just my brain.
    I am still a student. In college, there are still different teachers in some categories I mentioned above. I still believe teacher is a sacred job. And every one of them should do their best to fulfill this sacred title.

沒有留言:

張貼留言